Locations and Dates
|Setup:||Wed, Sep. 25, 2019 - 04:00 PM to 09:00 PM|
|Drop Off:||Thu, Sep. 26, 2019 - 03:00 PM to 06:30 PM|
|Volunteer Presale:||Fri, Sep. 27, 2019 - 03:30 PM to 07:00 PM|
|Church Member & Consignor Presale:||Fri, Sep. 27, 2019 - 05:00 PM to 07:00 PM|
|Public Sale:||Sat, Sep. 28, 2019 - 08:00 AM to 11:00 AM|
|Half Price Sale:||Sat, Sep. 28, 2019 - 12:30 PM to 02:00 PM|
|Pickup:||Sat, Sep. 28, 2019 - 02:15 PM to 03:15 PM|
Welcome to the Brandermill Church Children's Consignment Sale's sale management page.
Accepted forms of payment: Cash or Check
Presale shoppers: Children under the age of 10 are not permitted at the presale.
To learn more about the Sale, please continue reading!
The BCCS is now accepting new consignors for the Spring Sale. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information. We will notify new consignors by mid January.
Returning Consignor RSVP begins November 12th. By signing up for a Drop Off time, you will have the capability to begin tagging. Volunteer shift sign-ups will not be available until February 4th - we will notify you by email. If you have any questions, please send an email to Elizabeth_Ford@verizon.net.
The Brandermill Church Children's Consignment Sale is held twice a year and is part of the church's missions as well as a ministry in itself by helping families purchase affordable, gently used clothing, toys and baby items. The sale is a blessing to our community as it helps local charities and families in need as well as provide a way to recycle our children's gently used items.
SHOP WITH US
Come shop for quality, gently used children's clothing, toys, infant items, shoes, books, games, DVDs, furniture, costumes, and so much more! This is a HUGE sale with items from over 100 consignors. Doors open at 8am (there is always a line- come early!) and close temporarily at 11am. Return to shop with us from 12:30-2pm and receive 1/2 off designated items.
We accept cash and check only at this time. 20% or more of all proceeds benefit various community charities and the missions of The Brandermill Church. Additionally, designated items at the close of the sale will be donated to local charities.
All sales are final.
SUPPORTING THE COMMUNITY
The Brandermill Church Children's Consignment Sale impacts the community in a variety of ways. Since its inception over a decade ago, the sale has touched the lives of hundreds of families in need through direct support, in the form of gift certificates at the sale, and indirect support through charities who receive financial and/or physical donations.
Gift Certificates to Families in Need
Each year, BCCS provides approximately $3,000 in free gift certificates to families who have difficulty providing necessary clothing and equipment for their children. These gift certificates allow families to come shop our sale and select those needed items.
Financial Donations to Charities and Missions
A percentage of the purchases from the sale goes to support the mission of other non-profits and church-based missions. These charities include or have included Embrace Richmond, CCHASM, Shalom Farms, Good Samaritan Ministries, VEFC, Daughters of Zelophehad, and church supported missions, youth group mission trips, minister's discretionary fund, and TBC Preschool based scholarships.
Physical Donations to Charities and Missions
At the close of the sale, consignors may choose to donate any leftover items they do not wish to take back with them. Countless donations of clothing, books, equipment and toys are distributed to a number of different local and international organizations. These include, but are not limited to Friends of Barnabas, Chesterfield County Social Services, local Coat Drives and Scouting projects hospitals, foster families, and van loads to the Gilpin Court Clothing Closet, Pass It On, New Beginnings Clothing Closet, Victory Tabernacle Clothing Closet, Agape's Door, and Mercy Mall to name just a few.
VOLUNTEER WITH US
Volunteers are VITAL to the sale. Everyone at the sale is a volunteer. As a THANK YOU, we offer all volunteers who work a full 4 hour volunteer shift the opportunity to shop during the volunteer presale Friday from 3:30-7pm before the Saturday public sale. (No children under 10 are permitted) Volunteer for 4 hours and get first choice at the items for sale!
Interested in volunteering? Email email@example.com
CONSIGN WITH US
Consign your children's outgrown (but in good condition) clothing, toys, and equipment and make some extra cash as well as help other parents outfit their growing children! All consignors have the opportunity to shop during the consignor presale on the Friday before the sale from 5-7pm. (No children under 10 are permitted)
Interested in consigning? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
BEFORE YOU BEGIN, PLEASE CONFIRM YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION. To do this - click on Consignor, then click on Edit Account.
Important Consignor items to note:
- You must use tags generated from this site to ensure your items will be sold and credited to your account.
- All prices must be in increments of 50 cents (.50, $1.00, $1.50, etc).
- For the Fall sale, we will accept only fall and winter clothing. For the Spring sale, we will accept only spring and summer clothing. We reserve the right to decline any items that are improperly tagged, torn, stained, dirty, seasonally inappropriate, or odorous.
- Items Accepted: Seasonal appropriate children's clothing up to Juniors sizes (no adult clothing), shoes, infant equipment, toys, games, puzzles, bikes, books, DVDs (PG-13 or below), video games and accessories, children's electronics, baby and children's furniture. All items must pertain to children. We DO NOT accept stuffed animals, VHS tapes, maternity clothes, car seats with manufacturing dates greater than 3 years, breast pumps, used undergarments, used pacifiers or bottle nipples.
- Consignors are responsible for ensuring that items sold at the sale are not on the recall list. Please review the cpsc.gov website.
- All toys, games, equipment, and furniture must be cleaned and in working order with all pieces included. All electronic equipment, toys, etc., must have working batteries.
- There is a 200 item limit per consignor. Infant clothing (sizes newborn-6 months) is limited to 25 items. Please select your best items to bring. The limit will help us to display each item without overfilling racks and tables, thus making it easier for the shoppers to view the items.
- Consignors who volunteer at least 4 hours will keep 80% of the price of the items sold. Consignors who do not volunteer 4 hours will keep 60% of the price of the items sold. (Please note that all consignors will be marked as donating 40% until volunteer hours can be confirmed as served after the sale.) Checks will be mailed within 2-4 weeks after the sale.
- Thank you for your continuing support of this mission! We could not impact the community in the way we do without your involvement as a consignor and volunteer!
- Items to be sold must be dropped of at The Brandermill Church at the time you selected when you RSVPed for the sale. We will NOT accept items earlier or later than the 3-7pm window on the Thursday of each sale due to church and volunteer security availability.
- We reserve the right to reject items on plastic hangers, items improperly hung or tagged, items with excessive stains/odors, items not working, items missing pieces, and any items that do not meet sale guidelines. It is the consignor's responsibility to look for these items by the church office during pick-up.
PICK-UP OF UNSOLD ITEMSUnsold items that we marked for return, MUST be picked upon the Saturday of the sale between 2:15 and 3:15pm
- It is the consignor's responsibility to check all locations for their unsold items.
- Any items not picked up by 3:15 will be donated to charities immediately. We will not hold items past 3:15pm
- Please remember that this is our ministry, not a business. We do everything possible to minimize mistakes and provide the best security of sale items. However, things do go missing.
CHECKLIST AND GUIDELINES
Once you have your Consignor ID and have followed the
Consignor Checklist to this point, please use the Tagging Checklist and
Guidelines to complete the tagging process.
ü Gather supplies for tagging
Sturdy WIRE HANGERS
ONLY (local cleaners, Wal-Mart)
Safety pins (Dollar
Tree, Wal-Mart, craft stores like Michaels)
Clear packing tape
(Dollar Tree, Staples, Wal-Mart)
Sandwich and Gallon
Sized Ziplock bags (doesn’t have to be Ziplock brand)
White paper or card
stock – NO COLORED PAPER
Computer with web
access to enter items into the sale management system at https://www.myconsignmentsale.com/bccs
Printer and scissors
ü Select and hang clothing items for tagging
· Pick out infant to teen sized clothing for the
appropriate season (Fall/Winter for fall sale, Spring/Summer for spring sale)
· Choose clothing in good to excellent condition
with no holes, tears, or stains
· We recommend washing the items before hanging
· Hang all clothes on hangers with the hook of
the hanger facing LEFT. The hangers should be positioned like a
question mark (?) facing you
· Use safety pins to attach pants/shorts/skirts
to the top of the hanger
· For multiple-piece outfits, pin pants to the
shoulders of top (include the hanger) or firmly and obviously attach
· Snap all snaps, button all buttons, and zip
ü Select and bag shoes, socks, and accessories for tagging
out infant to teen sized shoes, socks, and accessories for the appropriate
· Choose shoes, socks,
and accessories in good to excellent condition with little wear
· Place shoes, socks,
and accessories in Ziploc bags and seal well with clear packing tape
· If socks and
accessories are either already packaged together (ex. new socks) or are too big
to fit in a Ziploc bag (ex. hat), you may choose to not bag them. If you
do so, please tag them like an item of clothing
strongly recommend that you include a duplicate tag INSIDE the Ziploc bag
before sealing with packing tape. See tagging bullet below for more
information. Tags on shoe items easily become separated. Including
a tag on the inside of the bag helps prevent sales loss.
shoes must be in a Ziploc bag unless they cannot fit inside a gallon- sized
bag. You can put one shoe in one bag, and one shoe in the other and tape
them together. If the shoes do not fit,
zip tie them together.
ü Select non-clothing items for tagging
· Test all toys and
equipment. Make sure that all are in working order and batteries are
operational. If you are consigning puzzles, put them together to ensure all pieces
are there. If consigning electronic equipment, make sure all cords are
there. If consigning baby equipment, include all pieces.
an item has small pieces, please put the pieces in a Ziploc bag and seal them
with clear packing tape. If a large item includes smaller pieces, put
small pieces in a Ziploc bag with a note indicating it is part of the larger
item and tape it firmly to the large item. When tagging the large item,
you may wish to notate on the tag that it comes with smaller pieces in case the
two get separated.
consigning DVDs, make sure the DVD is in the case before sealing and tagging.
· You may want to
consider grouping certain items together. Books may be easily grouped in
a Ziploc bag and sealed and sold in bulk to allow for more of your items to be
· Items like crib
sheets, blankets, bibs, etc should be packaged in Ziploc bags.
· Please ensure the
items you are planning to consign are NOT on the recall list (visit cpsc.gov)
ü Begin the data entry process of labeling and pricing your items
· Click on Consignor on
the left navigation bar. Review the instructions and then click on Add
Items. Begin adding your items.
· Please be as descriptive as possible when filling out the
· Pricing is done in increments of 50 cents (ex. $3.50,
· Price your items to sell. Do not price
sentimentally. See pricing guidelines at the end of the checklist for
suggestions. Please remember when pricing that this sale is a mission
that serves our shoppers as well as our consignors.
· Once you have entered your items online, please print and cut
them in preparation for affixing them to the item you are consigning.
· Do not highlight your
ü Attach tags to clothing items
· Use a safety pin to
attach the tag to the RIGHT SIDE/UPPER CHEST near shoulder when you are facing the garment
and the hanger looks like a question mark.
· Do not use a tagging
gun or straight pins.
· Make sure that the
barcode is not covered by the safety pin.
üAttach tags to shoes, socks, and accessories
· Tape tag to bag with
clear packaging tape leaving part of the paper tag exposed. This is to
allow cashiers the ability to mark the tag at checkout.
ü Attach tags to non-clothing items
· Tape tag to item or
bag with clear packaging tape leaving part of the paper tag exposed. This
is to allow cashiers the ability to mark the tag at checkout.
the item has cloth (stroller, Pack n Play, etc), you may want to pin the tag
rather than tape it. Choose the method that will most firmly secure the
tag to the item.
TAGGING & PRICES
?Dress Shirts $2.00
?Dresses $3.00 to $5.00
?Holiday Dresses $5.00 to $10.00
?Holiday Suits $5.00
?Pants $1.00 to $3.00
?Jeans $2.00 to $4.00
?Pajamas $1.50 to $3.00
?Toys Price will vary depending upon
?Baby items Price will vary depending